My name is Jim Malone and I am a Democrat running for Trustee for the Village of Carpentersville.
I am sick-and-tired of politics as usual. We need more working people (and more common sense) representing us in our local government. We need builders not talkers.
Born and raised in Illinois, I have been building Illinois my entire adult life. As a proud 28-year member of SMART Local 265 Sheet Metal Workers, as a Trustee for the Village of Carpentersville, as Treasurer of the Dundee Township Democrats and most importantly, building a life alongside my wife, Melissa, who I’ve been with for 30 years. Simply put, I know how to build foundations that last. That build starts today.
- I will sponsor and advocate for needed infrastructure improvements in our community, bringing good-paying jobs and a better life for the people of our community.
- I will fight to get State funds for our schools to improve education of our children and alleviate some of the burden put on property owners.
- Property taxes are way too high. Wealthy corporations need to pay their fair share and give back to the communities that made them successful.
- Respecting the rights of working people is important to me. We are the ones who make this country great. I will protect benefits workers earned and fight so more can retire securely.
- SMART Local 265, 73, and 219 Sheet Metal Workers
- Illinois Federation of Teachers
- Fox Valley Building Trades Council
- McHenry County Building Trades Council
- Carpentersville Professional Firefighters Local 4790