My name is Jim Malone and I am a Democrat running for State Representative in Illinois 66th District.
I am running for the State House of Representatives because I am sick-and-tired of politics as usual (and the usual politicians that go to Springfield). Instead, we need more working people (and more common sense) representing us at the State Capitol, we need builders not talkers.
Born and raised in Illinois, I have been building Illinois my entire adult life. As a proud 28-year member of SMART Local 265 Sheet Metal Workers, as a Trustee for the Village of Carpentersville, as Treasurer of the Dundee Township Democrats and most importantly, building a life alongside my wife, Melissa, who I’ve been with for 30 years. Simply put, I know how to build foundations that last. That build starts today.
- I will sponsor and advocate for needed infrastructure improvements in our district, bringing good-paying jobs and a better life for the people of our community.
- I will fight to get State funds for our schools to improve education of our children and alleviate some of the burden put on property owners.
- Property taxes are way too high. Wealthy corporations need to pay their fair share and give back to the communities that made them successful.
- Respecting the rights of working people is important to me. We are the ones who make this country great. I will protect benefits workers earned and fight so more can retire securely.
- SMART Local 265, 73, and 219 Sheet Metal Workers
- Illinois Federation of Teachers
- Fox Valley Building Trades Council
- McHenry County Building Trades Council
- Carpentersville Professional Firefighters Local 4790